Reviews & Testimonials
- "The book is a lightweight, fun read which can be enjoyed on the tube or bus to work for a week, or read in a day in the park/basement. Beware though as some of them will make you laugh out loud and cause other people to look at you strangely (you could always read them the one you were laughing at though)." - Reviewed by Zombie Command
- "Who wouldn’t want to pick up a book that has a picture of a brain and a cup of coffee on it...
The intro to this book is the best way to describe what you will find inside the covers. “This book is a collection of 100 arguments in my Brains vs Coffee debate, with points awarded to each side accordingly.” Arguments that are not only hilarious, but had me nodding my head in agreement with her statements. Points such as “I can leave my coffee unattended without worrying the dog will run away with it” or “For retro parties, brains can be included in the fondue platter” are not only practical, but very true and you don’t have to have Ghoul Friday’s sense of humour to get them...
Brains vs Coffee The Daily Debate of Urban Undead is the perfect book if you need a quick giggle and at 59 pages, it can be read in under 15 minutes. You will likely read it a few times. I loved this ghoulish little gem so much that it now resides on the back of my toilet with my other horror guides and Zombie Haiku book. If you make it to that pile it’s a big deal, I just hope no one tucks it into their pants and walks away with it....
Ghoul Friday and Brains vs Coffee The Daily Debate of Urban Undead aren’t just for Halloween. Enjoy them all year long." - from Lipstick Indie - Reviewed by Carolina Smart
- "This is something we never thought of being part of the undead haunt industry. But it is a good one. Will we get more nutrition from eating brains sautéed just right, or drinking another pot of the brew to never sleep again? So we here are Rotting Flesh Radio are about to find out...The book was created by Ghoul Friday and the birth of the ideas as simple and brilliant as the book itself...We love the idea and the brains behind this ironic coffee table book. If you need a simple read, this is the book you should check out." - from Rotting Flesh Radio
- "You can't possibly live without this book. You. Just. Can't...The book, itself, I realized, is like a zombie, nipping and biting, infecting people one by one with its wit. People who, in turn, infect others with the need for brai-I mean, the need to have this book on their bookshelf...Brains vs. Coffee will make a fantastic Great Pumpkin gift. If that's not a good opportunity for gift-giving, grab a few copies to give out for that other holiday. You won't regret it." - ShellHawk of shellhawksnest.blogspot.com (read the full review)
- "Got my book today! LOVE IT! I pulled it out of the mail, sat down with my jacket & purse still on and read the whole thing! Fantastic!" - Custom Zombie
- "It's sorta like those insipid Chicken Soup for the Soul books where it's got these sacchrine-sweet little thought-for-the-day type things...but more more like Deep Thoughts By Jack Handy as co-written by George Romero" - Reviewed by Rev on Hauncast.net
- "Numerous chuckles, out right laughs and nods of acknowledgements...Go buy the book!! Go NOW." - Kimily
- "Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaains!" - A. Zombie